How to Choose a Lighting Supplier for Your Contracting Business
For contractors and electricians, choosing the right lighting supplier can ensure more than a smooth and successful project; it can also lead to repeat business and valuable referrals. With the right partner, you're able to access the latest products, technical support, and expertise you need to meet your clients' needs. Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a lighting supplier for your contracting business.
- Comprehensive Product Offerings: A good lighting supplier will have a wide range of products that meet the diverse needs of your clients. In addition to providing energy-efficient, easy-to-install, durable, and customizable lighting solutions, a good supplier will have the connections and the willingness to ensure that any lighting requirement for your project can be met.
- Top-Notch Technical Support: Technical support is vital for the success of your projects. A dependable lighting supplier should have a team of knowledgeable and responsive technical support staff who can assist you with product selection, installation questions, and after-sales support. Opt for a supplier that is easily reachable via phone and text, rather than solely through email or a website contact form.
- Competitive Pricing and Value-Added Services: Consider the cost of the lighting solutions and services offered by the supplier. A good lighting supplier will offer competitive pricing, but be cautious of very low prices, as they may indicate low-quality products. Assess the services they offer as well: Do they provide lighting design professionals for layouts, photometric plans, and renderings? How familiar is their team with energy efficiency rebates and incentives? Can they assist with rebate research and processing?
- Industry Expertise and Reputation: Look for a lighting supplier with extensive experience in the industry and a good reputation. A supplier with a long history of success and satisfied clients is likely to offer high-quality products and services. You may also check to see what associations the supplier belongs to, as this can indicate their commitment to staying informed and engaged in the industry.
- Flexibility: Your clients' needs may change over time, and it's important to work with a supplier that is flexible and can adapt to those changes. Look for one that offers a wide range of services, such as energy-saving audits and retrofits, to ensure you can always cater to your clients' needs.
- Reliability: Working with a reliable supplier who can deliver products and services on time is crucial for your business's success. Select a supplier with a proven track record of promptly delivering quality products and services. This will help you maintain your project timelines and keep your clients satisfied.
By carefully evaluating potential lighting suppliers based on these key factors, you can positively impact the success and growth of your contracting business. The right supplier will equip you to meet your clients' needs and maintain a thriving business in the long run.
Here are a few reasons ELEDLights might be the supplier you're looking for:
- In business for over a decade, with warehouses and offices on both coasts
- Responsive product & customer support, fully based out of our East and West Coast locations
- Lighting design professionals and rebate experts available to assist on your projects
- Access to a wide range of lighting and controls, beyond what we show on our website
- Member of National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Eastern Pennsylvania, Association of Energy Engineers Greater Philadelphia Chapter (GPAEE), International Franchise Association (IFA) Supplier Forum, and Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA)
- Valuable lighting partner program especially for contractors, electricians, and installers. Join today for free to get whatever you need for your next projects!