Free shipping on all orders over $500.
$20 flat rate for all other orders.
$25 Off
First Order
$25 Off
First Order

Free shipping on all orders over $500.
$20 flat rate for all other orders.

Free shipping is automatically calculated at checkout.
Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada are not eligible for flat rate or free shipping. Contact us.

Enter your name and email address to receive
$25 off your first order.

Select restrictions apply.

Use code MY25OFF in the Shopping Cart.

Order total must be $250 or more to qualify.

Premium 8ft LED Tube

8 ft LED Fluorescent Replacement Tube T8/T12

Model #: 8HLXFA8040NN
  • Replaces 70W T8/T12
  • 43% energy savings
  • 4500 lumens (+/- 100)
  • 120° Beam Angle
  • 50,000 hour operating life
  • 3-year warranty

View Video

Easy Installation Instructions Learn More

Quick Contact Sales—TEXT or CALL:

Justin — West Coast: 858.229.1015

Rob — East Coast: 215.285.5693

In stock

• Click Quantity to Auto-Select
  • 4+ @ $31.95 ea
  • 10+ @ $29.95 ea (save  $2.00)
  • 50+ @ $27.95 ea (save  $4.00)
  • 100+ @ $25.95 ea (save  $6.00)
  • Prices as low as $23.75/tube. Buy in Bulk to Save!
Can assort covers and colors. Quantity pricing will be reflected in the shopping cart.

Buy 18 or more and get free shipping (excludes AK & HI).

* Required Fields

Customer Video

Three different models of 8ft florescent LED T8 replacement lights compared. All are 6000K clear. We have:
1. Ultra high lumen. 6600 lumen at 44 Watts. 8UHLFA8044NN
2. High lumen. 5500 lumen at 40 Watts. 8HLXFA8040NN
3. Regular (Premium). 4500 lumens at 40 Watts. 8RLXFA8040NN
See the amazing light output of the high efficiency LED lamps. There is a huge cost savings in reusing your old fixtures and I show how to rewire and bypass noisy ballast. Complete wiring instructions. Note that eLEDLights supplies clips to prevent sag and jiggle.

8ft LED T8 Lamps include Premium 8ft LED Tube, High Lumen 8ft LED Tube and Ultra High Lumen 8ft Tube.

These 40W 8-foot LED tube lights easily replace 70W fluorescent tubes while cutting your light bill by more than 40%. Closely spaced LEDs provide 4500 lumens of bright, even cold white light. Tubes have a single-pin base to fit T8 and T12 8' fixtures. These premium LED tubes are backed by a 3-year warranty and rated for an average 50,000 hour of operating life.

View Video 
  • 8-foot 40W LED tube uses 43% less energy than 70W fluorescent tubes
  • Premium tubes feature 240 LEDs spaced closely together for brighter, even light output
  • 50,000-hour average operating life nearly doubles time between replacements
  • Fits existing fixtures with T8 or T12 stationary/plunger-type sockets
  • Easy installation—simply rewire your fixture to bypass the ballast and pop in the LED tube (Click for install instructions)
  • Commercial-grade suitable for long operating hours in offices, factories, warehouses, retail stores, and more.
  • Electronic ballast fixtures require new lampholders, one fixed and one plunger. See accessories above.
  • 3-year warranty

Light Output 4500 lumens (+/- 100)
Power Consumption 40W
Average Lamp Life 50,000 hours
Color Cool White: 5500K - 6500KCold/Daylight
CRI >75
Base Type Single Pin
Reflector Beam Angle 120 °
Beam type Standard Tube
Cover Frosted, Clear
Tube Lengths 8'
Ballast Compatibility Any - Remove Ballast Before Installing Tube
Installation Method Click for install instructions
Recommended Installation Height Up to 15'
Working Environment Indoor
Number of LEDs 240
Input Voltage 100-277V
Qty in Package 1
Dimensions 93.7" long x 1.14" diameter
Warranty 3 Years

• Premium 8' led tube light features 240 LEDs spaced closely together for brighter, even light output
  • Instant on, glare-free
  • Flicker-free, silent—no ballast
  • Consumes less energy (40 Watts vs. 70 Watts) than fluorescent tube lights
  • Emit less heat (3.4 BTU/hr vs. 30 BTU/hr)
  • No mercury or other hazardous materials
  • 50,000-hour average operating life—nearly six years of 24/7 operation
  • Durable aluminum and plastic construction
  • Fits T8 and T12 fixtures
  • 3-year warranty

Color & Applications

8 foot LED light bulbs in cold white color temperature provide a bright, clean look for commercial, industrial, retail, and residential applications.

Commercial Applications: Electronics & High-Tech Stores • Auto Parts Stores • Hardware Stores • Department Stores • Grocery and Convenience Stores • Hospitals • Schools • Labs and Research Facilities • Warehouses • Manufacturing Plants • Commercial Kitchens

Residential Applications: Garages • Basements • Workshops • Attics • Rec Rooms • Finished Basements

Customer Reviews

Customer Reviews

Review by Shawn

I oversee maintenance for a doughnut shop in Erie Pa. We have 3 8ft 2lamp T12 fixtures with 60 watt lamps installed. One of them being over our main sink and cleaning station, the light was beginning to dim, we had a discussion about going fully LED by 2017 and I decided to try this light swap out first. I ordered these lamps after seeing and ad for Eled on Facebook. I couldn't be happier. Shipping was prompt, pricing was comparable if not better then competition. I installed the two tubes and what a difference, the 6000K is a nice white light compared to the 3500K we previously had. The owner of the building was ecstatic about the lights, as was I. I hope to be doing the rest soon and will definitely be ordering from Eled again (Posted on 9/27/2016)

Review by Red C.

I am very pleased with the quality and service provided by ELEDLIGHTS. The lights have arrived in good condition. Based on what we have seen, we will eventually replace all of our 8' fluorescent bulbs with the led bulbs. (Posted on 9/27/2016)

Review by R. Gardner

I am very satisfied with the lights and service your company provided. I will definitely do business with you again. I am an electrical contractor and a recent job I had was a comic book shop. Instead of buying new lights I integrated your 8 foot led lights which runs off 120v. That gave me the opportunity to bypass the magnetic ballast (which were bad) and to use the existing fixtures, which saved the customer money. The customer was happy also because of the energy savings. (Posted on 9/27/2016)

Review by Jeff

Got these in and installed them after an easy rewire of my fixtures.
Love the crisp white color compared to my old 110 watt fluorescent bulbs. These are the lower lumen choice and still brighter than my HO fluorescent bulbs.
Ordered the clear. They look high tech with the LEDs visible. If you are doing work where you will be looking up at them a lot I suggest getting frosted over the clear as these things are very bright and hard to look directly into them with out blinding yourself. For me it's not an issue and I like the high tech look of them.

I had two bulbs that did not work on arrival and they got me two new ones shipped out the next working day. Great customer service.

Benefits over my old bulbs.
No ballast noise
No ballast heat
No flicker when cold
Brighter in the work area.
Around a 70% reduction in power use.
Hopefully less bulb changes over the years.
Hard to beat it.

I will order again.

Jeff (Posted on 4/1/2016)

Review by Steve Barclay, The Storage Place, Olathe, KS

My monthly electric bill used to be around $500-$600. By installing ELEDLIGHTS Premium 8 ft. LED Tubes, I’ve been able to cut my bill by more than half! Huge savings. I’m adding on to my storage facility and will definitely be buying more. (Posted on 7/14/2015)

Review by Dave

Just having freedom from ballasts is worth it. Add in much brighter AND uses less power AND uses the original fixtures. It's a win win win situation. Worst part of my job is they are 20 feet up. So maintenance on these has to be done for the long term. If these last like the company claims we will be a very happy customer. (Posted on 3/18/2015)

Review by Carl Larson

We just installed all of the LEDs and are very impressed. The light is so much brighter compared to the old florescent bulbs we replaced. The wiring was easy and being able to use the old fixtures really made it all pay off compared to the quotes we had for other florescent options. If these new LEDs last as long as you advertise then we will be very happy. Thanks. (Posted on 8/20/2014)

Review by Merrill Powers, Great Northwest Inc.

I purchased 60 8-foot LED tube lights from, which shipped out and arrived quickly. The clear tubes are attractive and super bright and were easy to install. The team provided great service, answering my questions and quickly taking care of an issue I had. Would buy from them again without hesitation. (Posted on 3/27/2014)

Write Your Own Review

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register