When you're buying LED lighting online, unless you're buying a hugely well-known brand (Philips, Osram, Panasonic), you don't know much (if anything) about the quality you're getting. You're taking a leap of faith when you submit that order, and if you're outfitting a whole facility—that's a big leap of faith!
So let's talk a little about some of what ELEDLights.com does to ensure you don't regret purchasing your lights from us.
We'll use our Designer series lights as an example, but the process is similar for our other lighting lines. We don't sell any lights that don't meet our stringent quality standards.
The Designer series includes stylish high-lumen high bay and low bay pendant lights, linear high bay lights, and LED flood lights.
As a standard part of the manufacturing process, a battery of tests is conducted on all components of our Designer series LED lights, as well as the assembled light fixture:
- We start with integrated sphere testing. Light measurement spheres collect and measure light from an LED source to determine total luminance flux and correlated color temperature (CCT). This type of testing is performed on every batch of Nichia LED chips used in the Designer series. Only chips that test within the specified range are accepted for the manufacture of our lights.
- A hipot ("high potential") test, also known as the dialectric strength test or dialectric withstand test, ensures that the LED drivers in our lights are free from electrical assembly defects that can lead to early failure. 100% of the Designer series luminaires that we ship have passed a 60-second 1500V hipot test.
- A 96-hour accelerated aging test ensures that there's no fading, fracturing, blistering, chalking, or other such problems, and an 8-hour aging test puts the lights through four shifts of low voltage, normal voltage, high voltage and off-surging tests. We want to make sure you don't have any surprises when you're running our lights!
- The lights are also subjected to 24-hour high/low temperature tests and ground resistance tests, again making sure they're safe and reliable.
- Because the Designer series is rated IP65 and can be used outdoors, all components these fixtures are subjected to salt spray testing and a 5-minute waterproof IP65 test to ensure corrosion resistance.
- Finally, every light is visually inspected before packaging. Our packaging has been specified to provide exceptional protection of the luminaire during shipping.
- Our Designer series luminaires have also undergone IES photometric testing, producing photometric data that can be used by lighting designers to build a model of a lighting scheme in their lighting design software. If you need the IES file for any light, contact email@example.com.
Even with the highest quality standards, things can still go wrong, so we back our Designer series luminaires with a 5-year warranty on the workmanship.
We take quality seriously on all our lights, not just the Designer series. Every light we carry is assembled to stringent manufacturing standards using high-quality components, and the luminaires all undergo rigorous testing during product development.
If you'd like to check out the quality of any of our lights prior to making a large purchase, text or call our East Coast facility at (215) 355-7200 or our West Coast facility at (858) 581-0597 to learn about our Risk-Free Evaluation.